Sunday, March 26, 2017

More Than 30 People Are following Me On Instagram

I did not expect this. I only joined Instagram so that I could perv out on Ariel Winter's butt. I kept seeing headlines about how Ariel Winter had posted more pictures of her butt on Instagram. Usually I was able to ignore these headlines. When I wasn't able, the link often didn't even contain one of the pictures of Ms Winter's butt, or if it did I would've had to go through an enormously long webpage and/or Clickthrough Hell to see it.(In a thong. Not actually completely nude.)

Turns out that I'd already seen just about all of Ms Winter's Instagram pictures of her own butt, before joining Instagram. Apparently the Internet, or at least the part of the Internet which caters to old pervs such as myself, goes completely bonkers every time she posts one of those.

So I got an email from Instagram today mentioning that 30-something people -- that is: more than 30 people, not people who are 30 years old or older, although I imagine most of them are -- were following me on Instagram. That email, besides encouraging me to inform Instagram that I didn't want any more emails from them, also maybe me think that I should actually give my Instagram followers something to follow. And so, I thought I'd post this photo on Instagram --


-- along with the photo description: "This is my Seiko 5. There are many like it but this one is mine." I thought that maybe you, my Instagram followers, would get a kick out of that. (I love my Seiko 5.) However, I can't figure out how to post anything on Instagram. Unless I have figured it out, and I need to download the I-Tunes app so that I can download the Instagram app, and even then I'll only be able to Instagram with my phone and not with my PC at all.

I'm on my PC right now -- my laptop, that is -- and not on my phone or other mobile device. Almost always when I'm online, I'm on my PC and not my phone, except for sometimes when I'm just checking my e-mail. Old, dogs, new tricks, apps, pains in the ass, you know what I mean?

Well, as long as I'm here, I might as well tell you the latest about Grand Seiko. Grand Seiko are top-end watches made by Seiko. The best stuff that Seiko makes. For a long time they were only sold in Japan, and it was very difficult for people in other parts of the world to obtain them. This made Grand Seiko like a real watch-connoisseur insider sort of dealie. But the word got around and they started to sell worldwide. And apparently now Seiko is going to actively market Grand Seiko watches worldwide. And along with their decision to so so comes the latest news, publicized at Baselworld 2017 and whatnot:

Whereas up until now, Grand Seiko watches had the regular Seiko logo at 12 o'clock, and the Grand Seiko name at 6 o'clock, like so:


-- from now on, they will only have the Grand Seiko logo, at 12 o'clock, and they won't have the regular Seiko logo at all anymore. Like so:


So now you know. And let's be honest: do you get that sort of thing from Instagram? You know what? I bet that if you like Seikos and you use Instagram, that's EXACTLY the sort of thing you get from Instagram.

So nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment