Tuesday, February 21, 2017

What Does Audemars Piguet Have Against Platinum?!

PS, 27 Feb 2017: Since writing this post I have found a number of platinum Audemars Piguet watches. To be much more precise: just now I googled audemars piguet platinum and found a lot of them all at once. I apologize to Audemars Piguet and all of their loved ones and fans. So why didn't I google augemars piguet platinum before I wrote this post? Yeah. Excellent question.


They make huge heavy yellow and rose gold pocketwatches which sell for nearly a million dollars each.

Their celebrated Royal Oak --


-- comes in rose gold, yellow gold, white gold, stainless steel, titanium, and I've seen one Royal Oak encrusted with many, many diamonds and selling for OVER a million.

But I haven't seen any Audemars Piguet watch with even a tiny bit of platinum in it.

And that makes me sad.

And surely I can't be the only one.

It's your company, Audemars Piguet. And doing things the way you see fit is part of what makes your company great. I hope you keep on doing it the way you see fit.

And maybe one day I will understand why you always do it platinum-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment