Sunday, July 17, 2016

Snaplaces For Autism?

I'm autistic, I'm 55 years old and I've been tying my own own shoes for well over half a century. Today a saw a thing called Snaplaces which claims it's good for autistic children and adults, because it "allows us to tie our own shoes!!!"

This is the first time I've had any indication that tying my shoes might be harder than it is for some other people as a result of my autism.

Should I be congratulated for overcoming this hurdle so well? Or did Snaplaces invent this hurdle because they're slimy hucksters?

Should I thank Snaplaces for being wonderful kind people, or tell them to kiss my great big autistic ass? I really don't know.

One thing does make me lean a little toward the latter, though: VELCRO! Freaking velcro has been used as an alternative to shoelaces for decades now, and it seems to me that it would be a lot easier to use than Snaplaces. IF people found regular old shoelaces to be difficult.

I'm truly sorry if I'm wrong, but my first impulse is to lean slightly in the direction of "slimy hucksters."



No comments:

Post a Comment