Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Soooooo, Saint Bernard Isn't So Progressive On Gun Control!

And his many venerators don't seem to want to talk about it at all.

Bernie's not going to be President. Maybe not a lot of people are smart enough to see that much -- clearly, Bernie's not -- but I am. All I'm worried about is that he's going to mess things up for Hillary exactly the same way Nader handed the 2000 election to W.

Many of Nader's supporters in 2000 and Bernie's now -- same people, in many cases -- aren't even smart enough to do the really simple math you need to do in order to see that Nader got W elected.

Whaddyagonnado.

No seriously, that wasn't a rhetorical question. What should we do about Bernie? Math, I'm good at. Understanding the psychology of math-impaired non-autistic people, not so much. I'm open to suggestions.

Less open to comments from Bernie's supporters, to be perfectly frank. I'd rather you just -- didn't. But if you go to the trouble of writing comments, I'll probably publish them. While rolling my eyes.

And another thing: I like Hillary just fine, and I think this stuff about Hillary being "unlikable" is as ridiculous as the Mount Everest which was made out of the fraction of an unusually-small molehill which ended Howard Dean's Presidential run in 2004 -- remember that? He said "Whoo-hoo" at the end of a speech on the 19th of January, 2004. No, excuse me, he said, "Yeah!" Not "Whoo-hoo." And non-batshit-crazy journalists allowed Fox and the other nuts on the right to make an issue out of that. Remember? In the name of "objective journalism," they let the Right drive a really good candidate out of the campaign over nothing. Nothing.

Stand up to right-wing bullshit.

Even if you're a journalist.


No comments:

Post a Comment